Year 1 by Jo Piccirilli

Hi everyone!

Well this month see's all of my children having their photos taken for school.  How I hate scrapping school photos!  I find it a bit like ground hog day!  But I decided I would start early and have a page ready to go with just my photo to attach only to find I am so far behind in school photos that I still have photos from 3 years ago to scrap!

Here is what I came up with

 
I love how this turned out by just using the nesting circle dies and some bright colour paper.  This technique would be fantastic to use with the square nesting dies  or even the heart nesting dies.  I did see this idea in a book using hearts and stitching right up the middle of the heart so they look like they are floating but decided to go with the circles.
 
Here's how I created this.
 
Firstly using your circle nesting dies cut 11 circles from the second smallest die.  I used half pattern paper and half plain colour cardstock.
 

Now emboss your coloured cardstock circles with your choice of embossing folder.  I have used the Houndstooth embossing folder


Next position them on your page and stick them down with some double sided tape just to hold them in place.


I then took a ruler and ruled thru the centre of the circles to give me a guideline to stitch on.  Then using your piercing tool from your 3 piece tool set pierce up the lines and then stitch.


 

Next I ran some blue cardstock through my cuttlebug with the Cabaret embossing folder and again using the knife from your 3 piece tool set cut out the middle to make your frame.

 
You can now start and assembly the rest of your page.
 
I have used the gorgeous Hoot Hoot owl die to feature as an embellishment on my page.  I have "glammed" her up with a bow on her hair and some big googly eyes.  I have also slipped in the top corner, a doily from the Ivy Doily Die set.  I have also used some Glitzin Glamour just to make my title sparkle a little bit.
 
Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share!
 
Until next time
 
 
Couture Creations products used
 
Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



You May Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts