Not without my Mickey by Tracey Cooley

Hi Creators
My youngest daughter has just started Primary school so it reminded me that I had not created a layout for her first day of Kindy. I remember this day very well as I tried my hardest not to get upset when I dropped her off but alas, I am a sook and blubbered all the way home... She was so little...her favourite toy was Mickey Mouse at the time and she was so excited to go to kindy but
NOT WITHOUT HER MICKEY.

 
I am loving the new Secret Treasures and Madeline ranges of dies and the Harmony emboss folders that have come out this month!!! Here is a couple of ideas on how to use them.
 
 
A great way to add a mat to your lace die is to trace around the edge of the die itself and then cut out with a pair of Couture Creations Precision Scissors.

 
then cut out your lace die in an alternate colour, I have used the Couture Creations Madeline Collection Les Fleurs Ornamental Lace Die.
 

 
The Couture Creations Circle Nesting dies are just perfect for making a silhouette of Mickey Mouse. Simply cut one large circle and 2 small and voila! Add a bow to turn Mickey into Minnie.
 
 
Flowers: cut 3 large Couture Creations Secret Treasures Retro Flower and 4 med. Ink edges if desired. Spritz with water and press centre into a mouse pad or moulding pad ( I used a sharpie for the large flower and a paintbrush handle for the small).

 
 Once dry pinch each petal to give a 3D effect. Next adhere layers alternately to form entire blossom.
 

 
Leave the larger petals off to make smaller blossom. To make your flowers a little more special spray with spray adhesive and sprinkle with glitter... if desired add a Couture Creation Adhesive Gemstone to finish off the centre.
 
 
I seem to use a certain size of my Couture Creations Adhesive Gemstones more than the others, so I have found a great way to use your left over Gemstones is to make your own Bling flourish... simply draw a flourish, freehand or with a stencil and add your gems.. These look great in mixed colours too.
 
Keep on Creating!
 
Couture Creations Products Used
CO723524 Secret Treasures Die Retro Flowers
CO723552 Secret Treasures Die Bird Song
CO723517 Secret Treasures Die Party Banner
CO723527 Secret Treasures Die Classic Chevron
CO723534 Secret Treasures Die Square Plaque
CO723243 Madeline Lace Die Les Fleurs
CO723635 Harmony Emboss Folder Journal Cards
CO721984 Double Sided Tape 12mm
CO721961 Foam Tape 12mm
CO721994 Adhesive Gemstones Pink Diva
CO723040 Nesting Dies Circle

https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus

http://jordayla.blogspot.com.au/

You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts