Chalkboard Ladle by Tracey Cooley

Hi Creators

I was walking around a homemaker shop a couple of weeks ago and picked a large wooden spoon for a couple of $$ and decided it needed a face lift before I hung it my kitchen. So with a little help from Couture Creations and some blackboard paint, I now have a cute little blackboard for my kitchen. I think  I am going to write one of my daughters sight words on each week so she sees it on every visit to the kitchen and it will hopefully help her remember the words.
 
 
I started by painting the spoon the desired colour and then white washing it. I then painted the ladle end with blackboard paint and let dry.
 
I then wrapped some hessian around the handle with some natural fibre, ribbon and bow.
I made some small roses to embellish it with. To make the roses I did the following.
 
 
From the Couture Creations Secret Treasures Retro Flower Die cut 7 of the medium flowers from Couture Creations Sew Jo Pattern Paper Pad.
 
 
Then pinch all the petals on all flowers.. bend petal upwards on all flower with the exception of one.
Bend the petals on this flower too but do it upside down.. touch each petal of this flower with glue and squeeze together to form a bud as below.
 
 
Layer the rest of the flowers alternately adhering the bud in the centre.
repeat for a second rose and pop these on your project. I have also used the Couture Creations Madeline Ornatmental Lace Dies Waterlily and cut it in half to tuck behind my roses with some gauze.
 
 
 
Thanks for Visiting... Don't forget to check out the latest addition of Creative Inspiration Magazine.
 
Keep on Creating!
 
 
 
https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus
 
http://jordayla.blogspot.com.au/

You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts