Introducing Kerrie Gurney | Design Team 2014




 
Hi everyone,


I am employed by Couture Creations to build their online and international presence as well as being their Design Team Coordinator, I am extremely excited to be working with the Couture Creations Design Team again for 2014 as we had a fabulous year with our first team and I am sad to see half of them go but I know we will all keep in touch.

Here is a little bit about me...

I live in the beautiful bayside of Brisbane and have been married to my husband Wayne for  25 years, we have 3 children Ashleigh (20) Brayden (19) and Taylah (14).

started in the craft industry back in 1996 when my sister in law & I started our own party plan business selling rubber stamps and accessories. I loved travelling around introducing people to the world of papercrafting. The best part was watching people’s faces when they embossed a stamped image for the first time and you knew that they too were hooked.

I have worked in the papercraft industry since then, teaching classes at conventions and stores around Australia and in 2012 was invited to teach at the SA Scrapbook Convention in South Africa representing Couture Creations which was the most amazing experience of my life, I loved every minute of it and am so thankful to be given the opportunity. ( I plan to move there and become a ranger when all my children leave home :)) 
I have had my work published here in Australia and in the USA. This year I also got to attend CHA for the first time as our parent company Artdeco Creations had a booth there, what a fabulous time we all had, another thing ticked off my bucket list.
 
I love that I can make a page as simple or as embellished as I want but for me it is about the photo and reliving the memory while I am scrapping. I don’t really have a style it is usually how I am feeling  or what I am doing that dictates what I create, in saying that sometimes it is whatever is on my desk as my room is so messy that I can’t get to anything else. (If we do a share your craft room, you won't be seeing mine :) )

I have made some fantastic friends over the years, some I don’t see often but when we do it is just like we caught up yesterday and some I have never met in real life. That is what is so great about our industry, the friendships built and the memories saved and of course all those products we just have to have.

Please pop over to my blog and have a looksee Kerrie Gurney

 
onto my post

Hi everyone it's Kerrie
I created this layout Couture Creations Blog using loads of Couture goodness ...
Lions have always been my favourite animal since I was very young, well actually all cats big and small but while visiting South Africa I fell in love with all their wild animals but especially the Rhino they are so gentle looking and have these huge smiles, how can you not love them. (Although when one is charging towards you after an Elephant decides it doesn't want to share his space, they are not so smiley)

I cannot begin to understand how poachers can chop off their horns and leave them to die in horrific pain. I am so upset to know that in our lifetime there will come a time when this gorgeous creature will no longer be around if something is not done to stop the poachers. We all need to take a stand and help stop poachers slaying all creatures.

For more information on how you can help save the Rhino's please visit my blog for links


ok off my soapbox and onto my layout


Firstly I die cut some Retro Flowers and Panama Branches from calico using the Metal Adapted Plate. I  doubled the calico to cut 2 at a time and  to make sure the dies cut through completely I ran them through the machine 4 times just to get those last bits of thread holding on.
This is how I layered my cutting sandwich; multi platform base, acrylic plate, dies blade side up, 2 layers of calico, metal plate and finally top acrylic plate.






you can see how easily the fabric pops out of the dies


 die cut 1 x Mirror Mirror Ornamental Lace Die from Sew Jo patterned paper and cut a wedge out


cut 1 x Lotus Filet Ornamental Lace Die from Core'dinations Black Magic, Hermit Cardstock, sand to reveal core colour and cut in half.


Cut a sheet of Core'dinations Black Magic, Hermit cardstock to 11" x 11" distress the edges using scissors, then using Wire Barbs embossing folder under cardstock sand to let the core colour show through wwhile revealing the Wire Barb embossing folder design.



spray the top right of cardstock with water and scrunch down


tear a small section on the bottom left of cardstock and place section of Mirror Mirror die cut under

Use 1 sheet of Sew Jo patterned paper for your base and adhere cardstock to it



 Cut a sheet of Sew Jo Chevron patterned paper to 5.5" x 10" and distress the edges and adhere to cardstock


Die cut 2 x  Stella decorative dies from Hermit cardstock and emboss using Small Dots embossing folder so that the B side of cardstock is the side you will be using.
Die cut 1 x Victorian Rectangle die from light coloured Sew Jo patterned paper and cut in half
Spray fabric die cuts, cardstock die cuts, paper flowers and chipboard alphas with Walnut Ink to age


Arrange all pieces and adhere all to base when you are happy with your arrangement. 
I used my Save the Rhino bracelet on my layout. I ran a piece of 3mm double sided tape across the die cut and then placed the bracelet on pressing down to make sure beads attached. I then cut the bracelet so only the front was left and then used some of the beads from the bracelet to scatter on my layout, along with some gemstones and small flower die cuts from Stella sprig.

I hope I have encouraged you to create and also to help Save the Rhino's

and if you live in Brissie please come along to Photo Continental on 30th April and 1st May as Tracey and I are teaching 4 different classes each over the 2 days ...Visit Photo Continental's blog for all the info

Couture Creations Products Used

Follow us on Facebook and don't forget to share


 

Visit our Giveaway Page for details of our Giveaway 


 





You May Also Like

17 comments

Popular Posts