Introducing Tracey Cooley | Design Team 2014


 
 
Hi my name is  Tracey Cooley and I am honoured once again to be the Special Projects Designer for Couture Creations in 2014.. I live in Logan City just outside of Brisbane in sunny Queensland, Australia. I have been married for 12 years this year to a man that truly looks after me and we have 2 beautiful daughters, Tayla 9yrs and Jordyn almost 5yrs.

I have been scrapbooking for approx. 10 years and worked in the industry for around 7 years. I have taught for a major Australian Wholesaler, a few Queensland local stores and for Couture Creations at major shows and retailers. I was lucky enough to join the Couture Creations Team in Anaheim this year for CHA Winter 2014.

Oh and I love a good dress up!! Just incase you did not see me wandering around the Brisbane Papercraft Expo last year dressed as the Mad Hatter or CHA as a 1920s Flapper! Can’t wait for the Brisbane Papercraft Expo 2014! It’s just another chance to dress up really!!!!

On a more serious note, I really love the way this very special craft of ours bridges generation gaps and brings people together, the fact that I can craft with my Mother who is 70 and my daughter who is almost 5 and have a laugh along the way is one of those treasures in life that money cannot buy. I hope that along with the rest of the Couture Creations 2014 Design Team I can inspire you to take some time out of your busy life to sit down, relax and do some crafting…..

Visit Tracey's Blog for more inspiration ..while you are there check out  her  amazing craft room

onto Tracey's project



Hi Everyone
 
So very excited to be back with Couture Creations and to be working with some extremely talented designers. Just a quick one from me today. Loving the new Momento Ornamental Lace Dies...
I made this card recently for a good friend of mine that is about to have twins...God Bless her...
 
 
I started with a 5x7 card base and distressed the edges by rubbing the edge of my Couture Creations Precision Non Stick Scissors back and forth to rough them up and then I inked the edges.
 
 
I repeated this technique on all my pattern papers as well. I then cut the Cappuccino Lace Die from the Momento Collection from matching Core'dinations Cardstock.
 
 
after cutting the Lace die with the help of the Couture Creations Metal Adaptor Mat (OMG I love this metal mat... My machine is a little tired and the rollers sometime do not give me enough pressure and my dies do not cut right through but this mat fixes all my problems yay!) I then embossed with the die using the Couture Creations Universal Embossing Mat, this left the most exquisite detail, take a look!
 
 
I inked the edges and using a Couture Creations Sponge Dauber I inked the detail as well, stamped a sentiment in the middle and then placed it on my card.
I then added some pre made flowers using the Couture Creations 3D Glue Spots to give them a little lift. (look how thick these glue spots are!! awesome!)
 
 
I added some greenery with the Couture Creations Secret Treasures Aurora Vine. Cutting them down and slipping them behind the flowers.
 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by the blog today and don't forget to enter our awesome giveaway!!
 
And if your in Brisbane, join Kerrie Gurney and I at Photo Continental on the 30th April and 1st May for some Couture Creations classes!
No...no dress up at this one! (sad face)
 
https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus
 
 
 
Cheers
 

Visit our Giveaway Page for details of our Giveaway 

 
 
http://jordayla.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
 
 
 

You May Also Like

23 comments

Popular Posts