Hanging Doily Ornaments by Mel Connell

#couturecreationsaus


Hi Everyone welcome back. Today I am here to tell you about my super quick and easy hanging decorations. It's that time of the year again and we are busy decorating our homes for the Christmas season, putting up trees and hanging tinsel. I sadly am not able to have my tree out this year and wanted to make something I could hang around my home to make it feel a little more festive.


This is a classic old idea but such a fun and cute one. Perhaps this could be a great  activity with the kids one weekend between now and Christmas day, I'm sure they would love making them. 

What do you need? Well several of your favourite Couture Creations Doily dies, your nested circle dies, some pretty paper, string/thread or ribbon and some beads or bells as I have used. 

For each ball you will need four doily dies and four circles cut from your papers. Glue your circle into the center of your doilies, and then score each one right down the middle and fold. 
Make sure you have a crisp fold line. 
Glue two piece together with the patterned paper facing out. Repeat for the second two. Give them a moment to dry a little. 

While your waiting cut a lengths of your twine or thread or ribbon and thread a bell or bead on it. 
Run  line of glue down the inside of one of the folded and glued halves of your ball, lay your thread through it so it is going to dry into the glue line. Add more glue and stick the two halves of your ball together. 

Your could dd a bow at the top or add paper flowers, but I wanted mine to be fairly simple. I intend hanging mine in the scallop of my green tinsel boughs I am going to be hanging around my house this weekend. 

Thanks again for stopping by to see what the Couture Creations DT has been up to. I wish you well and would love to see some hanging decorations that you might make. 








Couture Creations products used:










You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts