A Touch of Gold by Jo Simons

#couturecreationsaus


Hello lovelies!
Just a couple of cards to share today using the super neat Elegant Card Cuts dies.

Again a couple of simple cards using gold glitter cardstock and some gold mirror card.

Here is how I made one of the cards

Using the 6" x 6" Hearts Ease Paper pad I chose a base piece and then made my paper cluster.


I then die cut all my pieces.  I have used a new die from the Secret Garden Collection - Short Flower Basket and teamed it with the Tall Basket Flowers from the Kalini collection.  I also cut a doily from the Frames and Frills Collection - Elissa Set.  Originally I was going to also use the Honeypot die but you will see on the final card that I changed my mind.  Also when I cut the basket, I cut one out of thin cardboard too just to make it a little sturdier.


Next using some gold glitter cardstock I cut from the Vierge Square die.  Oh boy - this die is truly stunning.  Would look great as a background die for a photo on a scrapbook page!


I then started to layer up my card as you can see from the next few pics.



When I attached the basket I gently rolled it a little to give it a 3D look.
Here is the final card with a few gemstones and a sentiment stamp on from the Heats Ease Frames and Sentiments stamp set.



Here is a closer look at my other card.  This one didn't have any layers just let the gorgeous Barossa Frame die be the superstar on this card.  I teamed it with a doily (of course).  Its the Quaintly Queenie die from the Amaryllis collection.  The blossom in the middle is the beaded flower with script print. and I have added the Strawberry Leaf die too.  The sentiment was stamped with the Hearts Ease Frames and Sentiments set.


Happy crafting and until next time


Couture Creations products used
Tools used

Adhesives used







You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts