Hope by Tracey Rohweder

#couturecreationsaus


Welcome welcome crafty friends!
Grab yourself a cuppa (or two) and come join me, Tracey R here at Couture Creations today. 
I'm excited to share this card with you - I made it for a special lady to let her know I've been thinking of her. And to remind her hope is with us, along with love and the support of good friends. 
So let's get crafting! 
I started with 1 Cottage Pollen Flower, 5 die cut Dandie Floral doilies (Perfectly Petite Doilies Range) and a 6x6 piece of the Hearts Ease Paper pad. 
I had the doilies left over from another project (waste not want not!) but they were green. 
So I've spritzed the doilies quite heavily with a bronze gold & the flower with a very light mist of a brighter gold. This gorgeous Cottage Pollen flower already had a gold centre so it matched perfectly. 

I chose this piece of 6x6 paper because the middle pattern matched the golds, and I liked the way the floral pattern bordered the paper.  I inked around the patterned paper  with brown ink, mounted it onto a piece of purple Core'dinations cardstock with 6mm Doubled sided tape and then attached that to a kraft background.  I've also inked around the edges of the kraft card. 

I laid the 5 doilies in a circular pattern and when I was happy with the arrangement, 
have used Craft Glue spots to attach them to each other.  
I've then secure the flower to the doilies with glue spots as well. 
If you want to add a sentiment, don't attach the flowers and doilies just yet. 
If you prefer to leave the card front sentiment free, go ahead and 
adhere the doilies to the card with glue spots. 
I wanted to heat emboss a stamped sentiment to tie in with the gold theme of the card.
I've added my sentiment in the lower left hand side, and then added 
my flower and doilies just above. 

I've added some purple and gold & white twine around the bottom of the card and 
tied a knot on the right hand side. 

I've added Wisteria 2mm Gemstones to all the yellow flowers around the border. 

And just like that, we're done! 
I am finding that Kraft/Brown and Gold are my go to colours at the moment, 
and they complement the Hearts Ease collection beautifully. 


Thanks for letting me share some hope with you :) 
Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired 
by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. 
You can also follow Couture Creations on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter. 
Couture Creations Products Used






You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts