Old World Charm by Tracey Cooley


#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts  

Hi Everyone 

I've been feeling a little nostalgic this week, I have no idea why or how the feelings came to bare but it has transfered into my cardmaking. This gorgeous old world card is the fruit that these feelings has bought out in me. 


Pink and brown are one of my favourite colour combos so I started with a pretty pink card base at 5"x7" and a chocolate mat at 4.6" x 6.6". I aged them a little by distressing the edges with my Couture Creations non stick Scissors. 


Then using the Couture Creations Craft Mat I mixed some Couture Creations Anna Griffin Mix and Match Pigment powder n brown with some alcohol and a couple of drops of dimensional magic. I mixed a spread it with my fingers to bead it slightly and then i dropped my cream cardstock mat over the top and pressed it down 


I spritzed the Ultimate Crafts Oh La La Sia's Scenery embossing folder with a dark brown spritz and added the same cream cardstock mat to be embossed.


I then ran it through the Couture Creations GoCut and Emboss machine (love this machine soooo much).


This is the result of the last couple of steps... I have angled the mat to best show you the gorgeous shine and shimmer that the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Mix and Match Pigment Powders give. 


Across the mat horizontally I added some Ultimate Crafts Oh La La ribbon and lace pack trim, over this I added a pink hessian strip. 


I then cut a dark brown piece of Ultimate Crafts Cardstock with the Ultimate Crafts Oh La La Climbing Flowers Border die, and added it over the pink hessian 


\I then added some flowers to the left hand side of my card in matching colours.


The best thing about the Couture Creations  Flowers is that they all come in white, so I can change the colours to anything I want with a bit of ink or spritz, the one above I spritzed and nice off white colour to match my colour scheme, to the center I added some of the Oh La La Mixed sequins.


I had an old mini frame lying around that was perfect for framing these gorgeous little Oh La La Happy Lives stamps from the ---- set. They are so super cute and were just perfect to fit inside the frame. I added some strung seed beads to my flower cluster also and a hanging bead to give it some more old world character.


then I cut the beautiful Oh La La Framed Art Deco butterfly set to the opposite end of the seed beads.


I just love the feel of this card and I am going to keep it for a while until I find just the right person to give it too!!!


Artdeco Creations Products Used 







https://au.pinterest.com/ArtdecoBrands/https://www.instagram.com/artdecocreationsbrands/







You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts