Sweet Smile by Sue Smyth

 
This month I am sharing a girly layout, using Couture Creations dies and embossing folders of course. The Faux opal on the right I have shown you before on a card. This is how you can use it on a layout I have cut an oval from thin chipboard that fits a resin frame, proceed with the ink and Glitz n Glamour as usual and cover with Dimensional magic to create a gorgeous faux opal for your frame.

The flowers are made with Couture Creations Roses dies, the larger bloom I have shown you before, but I thought I would share how I do Sugared Roses.




Step 1 
Cut out the largest shape from the Roses die from white cardstock


Step 2
Trim off edge about 1 cm in width


Step 3 
Roll up the spiral with a flower roller or bamboo skewer.


Step 4
Release and allow to unwind a little.


Step 5
Glue to the scrap white card with Hot glue. 


Step 6 
Trim off the excess white card.


Step 7
Use Couture Creations Tweezers to roll the petals.


Step 8 
Spritz with your choice of spray inks. Allow to dry or heat gun


Step 9
Spray with spray adhesive.


Step 10
Dip into a pot of white Glitter.


Step 11
Voila! one sugared rose. This works best on pale colours rather than dark and looks just like sugared violets  do


Handy Hint when spraying with mist, cover all of the flower and then apply just a little of a darker colour to the centre only.
to add a kind of dimension. You can do this with a paint brush or pipette. 

Materials 
 




Thanks I hope I have inspired you to create.
 
 


You May Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts