Birds and Blooms Happy Birthday Card by Michelle Frae Cummings

#couturecreationsaus

Hello Couture Fans!
 
 
Michelle here again, sharing another creation as June's Guest Designer.
I am always in need of Birthday cards and never seem to have enough. 
But now with these versatile Couture Creations dies, the possibilities are endless and I will always have the perfect card!

The background paper I chose for this card was very thin, so the first time I embossed it with Fretboard from The World Fair Collection, I noticed the paper cracked.
 So for the second piece, I placed the background paper on a piece of manilla envelope into the embossing folder before running through my die cutting machine. 
As you can see in the results below, this worked beautifully.
 


Before adhering the embossed background paper onto my card base, I gently tore the edges with my fingers, then lightly sanded the embossed design for a vintage rustic look.

  Here is how I made the Birthday banner using bakers twine and washi tape.
Super cute and oh so easy!

 I placed piece of turquoise cardstock in my die cutting machine with the Look in My Window Decorative Die. I then trimmed of the shutters before placing some vintage music sheet paper behind the window pane.


To place the flowers in the window box securely, I glued the flowers down but also used some thin washi tape to hold the stems in place. Next, I placed bits of foam tape (as shown) and folded the window box up onto the tape.
I lightly inked the window box with white chalk ink, then added some character to the box and window with a fine black pen.


The birds were a delight to make and so easy!
Simply place a bit of wide decorative yellow washi tape on a scrap of yellow cardstock.
Place the Bird Song Decorative Die on to the washi and run through your machine.
Accent the birds eyes with your black pen and glue into place.


 Add your sentiment to the window box, glue in place the banner then ink the cards edges if desired.




I am very much loving this card and I hope to have inspired you you create one of your own.


 


Michelle Frae Cummings


You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts