Altered Gift Box by Jowilna Nolte

#couturecreationsaus

Hi
Welcome to another exciting blog post featuring the amazing Couture Creations dies...
This week I used an Easter egg box and altered it into a gift box for my nephew. I was going to change the roof but then like the colour and so the entire colouring of the box and die cuts was designed to work with it. And may I just mention orange is not my favourite colour at! all!
 
 
I covered the base of my box using the Damask Delight paper pad and gel medium. I used the front of the box to create a little window with a photo inside. I first cut the window CO723537 Look In My Window  Secret Treasures Decorative Die Collection using the black Co-ordinations cardstock and then lightly sanded it to reveal the light pink for a rustic look. I then decorated it using different dies some patterned paper and embellishments.
 
 
I decorated each of the sides with a different die and even added some funky flamingos with embossing a printed quote and then inking the edges to add highlights.
 
 
On the third side I added another printed quote but this time framed it in a cut-out using my nesting dies and then matted onto a scalloped rectangle.
 

On the back of my box I create a die-cut border and also added my fishing die cut for a fun boy theme.
 

Butterflies and hearts grace the side creating a fun bunting with some sewing.
 

and some closer details of the front
 

I love printing quotes on my computer and then embossing them  - this adds a lovely detail to something very plain.
 

I used a combination of orange and red to ink my die-cut elements and then added a layer of pink glitter glue to make it sparkle!
 

and a closer look at the dies I used for my different elements
 

To create my frame I used some washi tape to adhere the 2 nesting dies together and then cut my frame out of patterned paper. The washi tape holds them in place but releases the paper quite easily afterwards
 

colourful and sparkly - just the way I like it!
 

To create my heart bunting I cut different hearts, inked them and then added some glitter to all of them
 

life is so much better when you cut those fine detailed dies using the quick release paper - die cutting is actually a lot of fun when  it is easy!
 

and here are my wonderful products used from Couture Creations - I hope the combination of all of these products inspires you to cross-use your products for stunning results!
 
 Happy die-cutting until next time!


You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts