Silent Night by Tracey Cooley

 
 #couturecreationsaus
 
 Christmas in July Day 6
 
Hi Everyone
Merry Christmas in July!
I cannot believe it is only 158 days until Christmas (aaarrrggghh).
So time to get myself sorted on the Christmas card creating!
Luckily for me Couture Creations is very shortly bringing us some beautiful new Christmas Dies!
 
 
I first made a 5x7" card base with my fav Core'dinations Foundations Bright White Cardstock and a slightly smaller mat.
 
 
Using a Couture Creations Sponge Dauber I then added some blue ink around the edge.
For me the sponge dauber gives a softer effect than just using the ink pad itself.
I then cut a slightly smaller white mat again
 
 
and using 3 different shades of blue with Couture Creations Sponge Daubers making small circular motions I blended a night sky to form my background
 
 
Using a white gel pen I added some stars including a larger north star, and with some spray adhesive coated the entire mat in white glitter to give the effect of it snowing.
 
 
I then tore 3 pieces of cardstock on different angles the same width as my background, inked the edges and glittered those in the same manner. I then took the so beautiful Couture Creations Christmas Fir Trees and cut 2 of each size. I glittered the alternate pieces of fir tree and pieced them back together then with Couture Creations Foam Mounting Tape added the torn pieces and trees to form a 3D winter forest.
The front of this card reminds me of the first 2 lines of Silent Night.
 
I hope that this card has inspired you to take time out of your busy life to do some early Christmas Creating!
 
Merry Christmas in July!!!
 
https://www.facebook.com/couture.creations.aus
 
 
http://jordayla.blogspot.com.au/

 

 

 
 

You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts