A little bit of Vintage Mixed Media by Jowilna Nolte

#couturecreationsaus


Today is an awesome day for a little something different. I have been so keen to play with the NEW Vintage Rose papers and dies, and of course the first thing I did was make a mixed media layout and cover it all up - yes I know I know...but I truly love this range! It really is a versatile range of products. So here's how I usd it in my layout...
I started off by adding strips of the patterned papers to my background cardstock using Matte gel medium - this will form the base of my layout.I love how, even though most of the pattern was covered up, you could still see the beautiful designs and colours.

Next I adhered the chipboard elements and flowers and covered everything with a layer of Heavy Gesso and left it to dry thoroughly.

Once all the mediums are dry, mist on your colours overlapping the papers and flowers. I chose green and peach to match my patterned papers - but you can use any colour.The gesso makes the colours a lot lighter than what they really are which is a good thing since I had a bit of a heavy hand with the green mists (blush) - not being a green girl and all.


Next I cut some of the greenery using my dies Vintage Rose Vintage Branch Dies CO724047. I added some mists to the die cut images as well to pick up on the colours on my background.

Some butterflies were also cut from the patterned paper and dresses up with some glitter glue afterwards.

The flowers peek out from underneath the photograph - adding interest and dimension.

The beautiful roses are perfect for cutting out and scattered all across a card or layout. Beautiful and delicate for any project!

Vintage Rose Garden Collection Paper Pad 12x12 CO723971
Vintage Rose Decorative Die, Vintage Branch CO724047
Glitzin Glamour Glitter Glue


I hope you enjoyed seeing how versatile this range is, and how easy it is to alter and incorporate different mediums into your scrapbooking - to step out of your comfort zone and play a little!
Remember to visit the website and see all the gorgeous new Couture Creations releases.


Order your today and don't miss out!



You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts