2015 Design Team Introducing Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus


Hello, I'm Anita Enright, a 46 year old Brisbane girl, wife to my best friend Brian, and mother of two furry children, my labrador Molly and my pound puppy Max. I have a beautiful niece Sabine and you will see her featuring a lot in my scrapbooking. I do love photography and will always have my camera with me whenever we are out checking out beautiful places around us.

Growing up with a mother as a professional dressmaker, I was destined to become one very crafty lady.  Mum had always made our clothes as kids and being very busy with her business, if I wanted new clothes I just had to learn from her and make my own. I had my very first sewing machine at the age of five (you know one of those toy battery operated ones), but by the time I was ten that was way too slow and had to have an upgrade to the real thing if I wanted to make my own clothes.  The ultimate of my sewing days was making my best girlfriends wedding and bridesmaids dresses.  That was the start of my now long journey in crafting. My love of craft has just grown from there.

My passion for pretty paper started just over 10 years ago and I now love every aspect of papercraft. In the last couple of years I started to dabble in off the page, last year expanding into card making, and earlier this year had my first attempt at mixed media which I have fallen in love with.  Only very recently I have branched out in pocket pages.  I am only still finding my feet with this but am sure I will love it as much as everything else paper related. Now you can give me a pile of paper and bits and pieces and I will always create something magical. I love dabbling in everything paper related and will give anything a try.

Papercraft is my passion, by creative outlet, my happy place.

It is an honour and a privilege to be part of the Couture Creations 2015 Design Team.  I hope you come on this journey with me and we create beautiful things together.


Hi Everyone,
Welcome to my very first post for the 2015 Couture Creations Design Team
  In the last year or so I have really gotten into making cards and love giving my friends and family my handmade creations.  On this card I have decided to leave off a sentiment as it will give me the opportunity later to add something if I feel it needs it, rather than restricting the use for a specific celebration.... but thinking maybe for Mother's Day.




 To start my card I created a 5"x7" base card from some olive green 
Core'dinations cardstock.
From the Vintage Rose 12 x 12 Paper Pack I chose the Roses and Butterflies paper to cut a mat slightly smaller than your 5x7" base card. 
I then die cut the patterned paper using the Barossa Frame from the Elegant Card Cuts collection. I never forget to use my Quick Release Die Paper which helps release the die cut easily from the die. Because this die was a little bit more intricate I also made sure to use my Metal Adapter Mat which gave a crisper cut.


To give the die cut paper another dimension I embossed the paper with the  Garden Frame
  from the Hearts Ease collection. 



From the Kalini collection of dies I then die cut four of the Tall Basket Flowers. I spent some time fussy cutting a couple of butterflies which I then blinged up using some Glitz and Glamour.

To achieve the look of depth to the card I mounted the patterned paper frame on foam mounting tape. Once positioned I tucked some gathered organza ribbon underneath the top and bottom of the frame. I secured two of the basket flower die cuts to the top right and bottom left of the frame with the Couture Creations Turbo Glue Pen (such an awesome new product).  To finish off I mounted the two butterflies and a medium sized flower that I inked the edges of with an olive ink.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
and don't forget to enter our  


Couture Creations Products Used
CO723987 Vintage Rose Garden Patterned Paper - Roses and Butterflies
CO724379 Hearts Ease Decorative Die - Garden Frame
CO724101 Elegant Card Cuts Decorative Die - Barossa 
CO724254 Kalini Decorative Die - Tall Basket Flower
CO724389 Turbo Precision Glue Pen
 CO721971 Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue - Crystallina
CO723780 3D Foam Adhesive
CO721694 Foam Mounting Tape
CO723608 Metal Adapter Plate














You May Also Like

16 comments

Popular Posts