Quilted Greetings by Tracey Rohweder

#couturecreationsaus

 Welcome to another day at Couture Creations.
It's hard to believe that we are already half way through the year. And like me you might be thinking where the heck did that 6 months go?? Before we know it, Christmas will be here. So I'm determined to get an early  start on my Christmas cards this year. 
Today I'm going to share with you a very easy and quick Christmas card. 
Couture Creations Christmas Emporium Collection is just gorgeous, and I'm
 excited to be working with these gorgeous papers in blues and greys. 
To start my card, I've die cut lots of diamonds with the smallest Nesting Diamonds die in various patterned papers. This is perfect for using up scraps and left overs pieces that  might not be big enough to use elsewhere.  

I've cut 40 diamonds to fit my 5x7 card, and have then inked around the edges.  I'll have a few die cuts left over to use as corner bits. 

I've covered the front of my card with 18mm double sided tape.  This will make it very easy to assembly my pattern. 
 
Starting at the left corner, I've lined up my diamonds with the corner of the card and then along the top. Once I was happy with where the top line was in place,  it's just like fitting together a jigsaw puzzle. But the best part - there is no wrong place! You can add your pieces how ever you like. I tried to make sure that the same patterned paper didn't touch,  so it looks very random.  
 

Continue arranging the  diamonds until the card front is full.
 
If there are any little gaps just add some
Of the extra diamonds and cut off necessary. 
 
Turn your card over and trim the excess paper flush with the card.
Mount the "Seasons Greetings" onto coordinating paper and then back with  12mm foam mounting tape for dimension. 

Place the greeting down the bottom of your card and add  large pearls at the intersection of each diamonds. 
And we're done! 
It's quick & easy (perfect if you need to make several) and a fantastic way to use up your scraps.  Which means we can save money...which means....more money for new stash!  I can't wait to use this design to make up some birthday cards as well. 
How soon will you start on your Christmas cards? 
Thanks for stopping by.
Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired 
by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. 
You can also follow Couture Creations on






You May Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts