Happiness Sampler by Guest Designer Sue Smyth


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  



Hi Bloggers
Here I am sharing a layout I have created with the gorgeous
Ultimate Crafts L'Aquarelle range.
I really loved the subtle natural colours, old world text and script.
But I wanted to contrast them with shiny sparkling glitter.


The lacy open butterfly die is so versatile, here
I have embossed it twice with an aged gold emboss powder
it gives it an almost metal filigree look.


This panel is a sweet bird that I have fussy cut,
first I roughly cut out the bird 
and adhered it to white cardstock, so that 
I could flip it over on a mouse pad and 
cup the image. Then when you adhere
the bird with 3 d foam tape it has a great curved surface.


I loved the butterfly with fern panel, it did not need much
to decorate it, so I kept it simple, see how I did the fern fronds 
below. I covered the butterfly with dimensional magic
so the colour popped out more and it had shine and gloss.


I just love how the dies fit the images in the paper pad
perfectly, it will make, making cards and layouts
seamless and polished.
This butterfly could just as easily be placed on a 
card as a layout. I have added seed beads for detail 
to the centre.


To add more gold to the layout, I have flicked
a rich gold spray over the surface, along with 
a little watered down white and black gesso
for more of that shabby aged look of the text and script.


Each panel is edged with Anna Griffin gold glitter, 
just add a bead of glue or dimensional magic to the edge
smooth out with your fingertip and dip into a line of glitter.
I have then double matted each panel and adhered to 
the background paper with scraps of chipboard to
give them great dimension.


I have cut out fern fronds with the
beautiful fern die, then painted them with a 
green metallic paint. I have randomly
marked the edges with embossing medium and
covered with emboss powder, so just the tips of the 
ferns appear to be gilded.


The butterflies have been die cut from 
light weight chipoboard and then 
double embossed to give a metallic finish.


Each panel has glitter added to the edges, to contrast with 
the natural tones of the paper.

The end result is a lovely sampler that would 
make a great home decor piece in a frame. 
Or a wonderful gift to anyone who loves nature.



Artdeco Creations Products Used 




Happy Crafting

We still have limited places available for Creative Inspiration Live 2  BOOK TODAY as you really do not want to miss this amazing event
♥♥♥

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/creative-inspiration-live-2017-by-popular-demand-tickets-29879643819?ref=ecount

#CreativeInspirationLive



https://au.pinterest.com/ArtdecoBrands/https://www.instagram.com/artdecocreationsbrands/







You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts