L'Aquarelle Card Set by Joanne Simons


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

Hello paper friends!
I'm back today to share with you a couple of cards I have created using my favourite stencil from the LaAquarelle collection.


As many of you know I'm not much of a mixed media person.  I love the look of it when everyone else does it but for some reason when I try it always ends up a hot mess.  I think the problem is that the end result can often end up quite random and I don't have control over it.  But here is a way that I was able to use a stencil and get a little messy but still have a "clean and controlled" look.
Here is how I created my cards.
Using some Embossing Paste and the Rolling Mesh 6 x 6 stencil from the La'Aquarelle collection spread an even coating over your paper.

The while your embossing paste is still wet, cover it with a generous amount of embossing powder and tip the excess back into the pot.

For best results, I think let the embossing paste dry completely before I heat set it with my heat gun.

I find that if you heat set the embossing powder before the embossing paste is dry it tends to bubble a little bit and makes the end result not as crisp.



Here is a closer look at my card.  So dimensional and sparkly!   I then embellished my background with a sentiment from the new stamp and emboss set from the Ritz collection and added some flowers that had been coloured using the Anna Griffin pigment powders.


For my second card I again spread some embossing paste through my stencil.  I also left this to dry completely (like overnight to be sure).  I then applied my foil using the super cool new GoPress and Foil machine.  You really need to take a look at this new machine.  I will leave a link below so you can check out all the awesome things this machine does.

Here is a closer look at my second card.


Check out all that pretty sparkle!

Thanks for stopping by and until next time - keep crafting!


Products used





You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts