Christmas Card Set by Julie Schinkel


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  


Hi everyone! It's Julie here back on the blog today sharing a set of cards that I made using the Let Everyday Be Christmas collection from Couture Creations. There are so many wonderful dies in this collection so I thought I would create a project to showcase some of them for you.


I wanted to create a coordinating set of cards so I started with six of the Couture Creations A6 Cards in Cream. I then selected papers from the Let Everyday Be Christmas A4 Paper Pad, cut them down to size and inked around the edges using gold ink. There are two coordinating papers per card.


Next, I selected various dies from the collection and began arranging them on the cards. Here is what I came up with.

Card No. 1
I used the Snowflake Doily Die and cut this out using A4 Mirror Board in Gold Matte with Lines. I also used the Hanging Greetings Decorative Die and cut with the gold matte board. I cut off the hanging part and used it on another card. That way I could use the sentiment in the centre of the snowflake popped up using foam tape. The snowflake has been embellished with Couture Creations 2mm Gemstones in Maraschino and Champagne.



Card No. 2
For this card I cut the top piece of paper down to a square and matted it onto Ultimate Crafts Ivory Cardstock. I cut the Jingle Bells Decorative Die - twice in A4 Mirror Board in Gold Matte with Lines and Ultimate Crafts Garnet Cardstock. I offset the garnet cardstock to give the appearance of a drop shadow and to make the image pop. This is where I have used the hanging half of the Hanging Greetings Decorative Die leftover from the previous card. I cut another for the bottom in the same gold matte board to add balance then added some Couture Creations 2mm Gemstones in Maraschino and trim to embellish.



Card No. 3
As for the previous card, I cut the top layer down to a square and matted with Ultimate Crafts Ivory Cardstock. This has been adhered using foam tape for some dimension. I cut the Merry Christmas Decorative Die in both A4 Mirror Board in Gold Matte with Lines and Ultimate Crafts Garnet Cardstock. I've offset the two diecuts again to give a drop shadow affect and make it pop. I also cut two Winter Corner Mini Dies from the gold matte board and placed underneath the top layer. Lastly I've added some Couture Creations 2mm Gemstones in Maraschino, trim and bling to finish.



Card No. 4
This is where things get interesting. I took the top later and cut it in half. I didn't mat this one as the diecut used forms the mat. This was done using the Elegant Band Die from Ultimate Crafts Rambling Rose Collection. I cut this with the A4 Mirror Board in Gold Matte with Lines then cut the diecut in half and adhered to the back of the top layer. I added my trim to the top layer before adhering the diecut mat. This whole piece was then adhered to the bottom layer using foam tape. I cut the Flourished Joy Decorative Die from gold matte board and Ultimate Crafts Garnet Cardstock and offset them before adhering. One piece of bling was added to the trim to finish.



Card No. 5
This one is pretty basic. All I have done is diecut the Bauble Wreath Decorative Die twice, again from A4 Mirror Board in Gold Matte with Lines and Ultimate Crafts Garnet Cardstock and offset. I adhered the diecut using Couture Creations 3D Glue Spots for a bit of dimension. I used these instead of foam tape as they fit perfectly behind the larger baubles. You could also use foam dots/sqaures. I then added random gemstones and bling to embellish the wreath and finish off the card.



Card No. 6
For this card I took the top layer and cut it in half then matted onto Ultimate Crafts Ivory Cardstock. I took some cream ribbon and created a bow embellishment at the bottom. Using the Latticed Panel Die from Ultimate Crafts Rambling Rose Collection, I cut it out using A4 Mirror Board in Gold Matte with Lines and adhered it to the left side of the panel. You may have to trim this slighly depending on your panel size. I the cut the Flourished Joy Decorative Die twice, in gold matte board and ivory cardstock, offset and adhered to the top panel. I've added some gemstones to both panels and also to the diecut itself to finish off embellishing the card.




Other Products:
Gold Ink
Gemstones/Bling from stash
Ribbons/Trims from stash

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Creating!





You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts